I spent the day indoors while the rest of the city traversed in the snow and slush. My teeth have been in agony since my last wisdom tooth is finally erupting (the other three were already taken out) and causing insane daily migraines. Last night, I couldn’t sleep until 5am because it was so bad and regular Motrin wasn’t working;I took 3 of them and watched Gosford Park instead. And since I woke up late and miserable and (still) unemployed, I had a rom-com marathon all by my lonesome (read: best date evar!). As much as I hate to watch them (ReVision can tell you just how much I hate them), I am secretly addicted to watching the quirky, often-formulaic, cheesy translations of “romance”.
Today I watched:
- Leap Year
- Beautiful Girls (one of my all-time faves)
- Love Actually (one of my X-mas faves)
- Easy Virtue
- Paper Heart (which isn’t a rom-com, but I love this one and also think about love as a concept as oppsed to an emotional attachment sometimes)
- The Ricky Gervais Show (which isn’t a rom-com, but I needed a break and I used to listen to the podcast)
- Happenstance (because I love Audrey and foreign romances)
I wonder what my life would look like if it were a rom-com; I already think I’m secretly on a crazy reality tv show with comedic twists on ridiculous and tragic events in my life.